Canton South Middle School - Grades 6-8
4404 Cleveland Ave, South, Canton OH 44707 • Hours: 7:30 a.m. (tardy bell) - 2:25 p.m.
Phone: 330-484-8015 Fax: 330-484-8033
Drop off and Pick Up Procedures
Here is an overview of the CCP program at CSHS.
It's important for new and returning CCP students and their parent/guardian to watch the video.
In order to take CCP courses next school year, you must qualify by taking a college-entry test. You can qualify with your ACT or SAT scores as well as last year's Accuplacer's scores. If you didn't qualify with a previous college-entry test or if you haven't tested yet, you will need to sign up for the Accuplacer Test. You can take the test at CSHS on Tuesday, February 13th at 7:45 a.m. in the Auxiliary Gym. You must sign up by Friday, February 9th, sign up here.
If this testing time doesn't work with your schedule or if you need to retest to get a higher score (you may test two times per year), you will need to schedule a time to test at Stark State. Click here if you want to schedule a testing session at Stark State.
- Click here for the CCP information presentation slides - accessible links available at the end of the presentation
- Click here for the CSHS CCP Permission form
- Click here for Stark State application directions
- Click here for Kent application directions
- Click here for the University of Akron application directions
- Click here for CSHS 2024/25 tentative course offerings
- Click here for new CCP students' next steps
- Click here for returning CCP students' next steps
- Click here for students taking CCP courses on a college campus
- Click here for CTE students (from other schools) taking CCP at CSHS
- Click here for more information from the Ohio Department of Education regarding the CCP program
- Click here for general CCP Terminology
- Click here for CCP probation/dismissal policy
- Click here for the state's minimum testing requirements to participate in CCP - In order to be eligible for the College Credit Plus program, students must meet the state’s minimum testing requirements in at least one area in Reading, Writing, or Math.
- Practice Accuplacer tests
Canton Local Schools will kick off its 200th Anniversary celebration with Founder’s Day on Friday, April 19, 2024, from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. It will be an unforgettable open house filled with memories, memorabilia, and Wildcat pride!
The evening will include Canton South’s famous peanut butter bars, other light refreshments, entertainment from alumni choir and band members and cheerleaders, and the debut of the 200th-year commemorative video.
As we prepare to celebrate this incredible milestone, we are eager to connect with former staff members! We would be honored to have you join us in commemorating this historic event!
Learn more at cantonlocal.org/clsd-200th-anniversary
Canton Local Schools will be closed on Monday, April 8, 2024, due to our location in the path of the solar eclipse. The decision to close for a calamity day was made in collaboration with Stark County school districts and local agencies, including the Stark County Emergency Management Agency (EMA), for the safety of our students and staff.